Fsc Part 1 Biology Chapter 3 Enzymes MCQs
Enzymes chapter 3 11th Biology important MCQs. All MCQs are collected from past papers. Read for the online preparation of Fsc Biology.
Question No. 1: Tick the correct answer
1. The biologically active proteins are known as
2. Which is not true for enzymes?
a. Globular protein
b. Lowers the activation energy
c. Sensitive to change in PH
d. Initiate the reaction
3. Active site of an enzyme consists of
a. Bulk of amino acids
b. A few amino acids
c. All of the amino acids
d. Depends on enzyme
4. Cofactor possesses all of the following except
a. Protein by nature
b. Provide source of energy
c. Vitamins may be their raw materials
d. Required in small quantities
5. Enzymes work in
a. Dry medium
b. Oily medium
c. Aqueous medium
6. The active site is a rigid structure
a. Lock and key model
b. Induce fit model
c. Rosette models
7. With an increase in temperature, the rate of reaction would
d. Gradually decrease
8. Protein digesting enzymes are
a. Try psinogen
d. Both b & c
9. Covalently bonded no protein part of the enzyme is called
a. Prosthetic group
b. Apo enzyme
d. Halo enzyme
10. Pepsinogen, the inactive form of pepsin is produced enclosed in a membrane-bound body called
Short Questions of Chapter 3 Enzymes
Fsc Biology 1st year important short questions from chapter 3.
1. Differentiate b/w Competitive and Noncompetitive inhibitors
2. Define Optimum ph. What is optimum pH for enzyme pancreatic lipase?
3. Name the factors affecting the rate of enzyme action.
4. Explain induce a fit model of enzyme action
5. Differentiate b/w prosthetic group and coenzyme
6. Define Inhibitor. Name some inhibitors
7. What is the location of enzymes in the cell?
8. What is the active site of enzymes?
9. What is the difference between pepsin and pepsinogen?
10. What is the effect of a very high temperature on enzyme activity?
Fsc Biology Part 1 Important Long Questions
Here is collection of important long questions Biology chapter 3 from past papers.
Write reasons for identifications of the followings
1. Chlorella 2. Paramecium 3. Plasmodium 4. T.S Dicot Stem 5. Adiantum Sporophyte