1. What is the normal rate of breathing in human
a. 30 times / minute
b. 12 – 15 times / minute
c. 15 – 20 times / minute
d. 20 – 25 times / minute
2. How much CO2 is carried by each 100 ml of blood from tissues?
a. 54 ml
b. 50 ml
c. 4 ml
3. What is the % age of CO2 carried by the plasma proteins?
a. 5 %
b. 70 %
c. 20 %
d. 75 %
4. What is the % age of CO2 during inhalation?
a. 4 %
b. 0.04 %
c. 16 %
d. 21 %
5. They have twice the volume of blood in relation to the body weight
b. Aquatic mammals
c. Land mammals
6. Premature infants often suffer from
7. Larynx is sound producing structure present in
8. In cockroach trachea are lined internally by the
9. When RUBP reacts with O2, the compound formed is
10. In most animals the epithelium which separates air and blood vessels is how many cells thick?
11. Diaphragm is a sheet of
a. Cardiac muscles
b. Smooth muscles
c. Skeletal muscles
d. a + b
12. The normal colour of haemoglobin is
b. Purple yellow
c. Purple red
d. Red to orange
1st Year Biology Unit 13 Short Questions Gaseous Exchange
- How CO2 is carried in the form of HCO3 ions?
- Name the factors that affect O2 carrying capacity of haemoglobin
- Explain respiratory distress syndrome
- What is myoglobin? What is its function?
- What adaptations a diver adapts when he descends in the sea?
- How diving reflex is activated in mammals
- What is difference b/w parabronchi and Alveoli
Long Questions Questions Gaseous Exchange
Discuss the structure of human lungs