The school-based assessment (SBA) 2023 schedule and guidelines have been issued by the PEC. The Punjab examination commission has clearly informed all public and private schools. The meeting held on January 7, 2022, agreed to continue the self-assessment of all grades 1–8. School-Based-Assessment will start on 17th April 2023. While the training of staff and invigilators will start from March 2023 to 16th April 2023. Large scale assessment by PEC grades 4, 5, and 8.
Punjab examination commission issues a final schedule of conducting LSA. PEC school code, School name, School EMIS code, and date of SBA 2023 for primary and elementary schools of all Punjab Districts. The Schedule of school-based assessment 2023 is listed below.
|Grade 1 SBA Schedule 2023||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|Class 2 SBA Paper 2023||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|3 class SBA 20223 paper||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|4th class||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|5th Class||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|6th class||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|7th Class||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
|8th class||17th April 2023 To 24 April 2023|
School Based Assessment (SBA) 2023 Criteria Syllabus All Grades:
- School-based assessment will be from the whole syllabus of grades 1 to 8
- SBA of Primary schools grade 1 to 5 will be according to SNC 2023 syllabus
- SBA of elementary schools grade 6-8 will be from national curriculum 2022
- Assessment of grades 1 & 2 may be oral. It will contain only objective questions like MCQs, fill in the blanks, true/false and CRQs
- Grade 3-8 assessment will be written. It will contain MCQs, short questions, and CRQs(constructed response questions)
- The content weightage of grades 3-8 may be equal to MCQs and CRQs
- Assessment of Nazra Quran will have 50 marks. It will be taken separately for Muslims and paper of Islamiat will be total of 100 marks
- For non-muslim students assessment of Ethics/religious education 100 marks
- PEC(Punjab Examination Commission) will provide the item bank of grades 1-8 for core subjects.
For elective subjects, teachers of schools will prepare the paper according to the PEC pattern
Instructions For Conduct Of SBA 2023:
- During the paper, talk politely with students.
- Ensure the students know about your cooperation and give them confidence.
- Avoid using harsh words and negative speech.
- Speak slowly and politely while answering questions from a student.
- Repeat the instructions for the SBA examination repeatedly.
- Keep the examination rook airy and well-blighted.
- Manage proper sitting plans for the students.
- Make sure there is access to clean drinking water.
- Help the students who are unable to write.
- From Fluency
- Follow the COVID-19 instructions given by the Govt of Punjab, Pakistan.
- Say thanks at the end of the school-based assessment paper.